3D Pinwheel Swap
Rules and Guidelines
Note: This is a centralized swap.
- Block Description
- Quilt & Block example: Lucy A. Fazely
- 8.5" unfinished block (8" finished)
- Quantity: 5 blocks per set and a maximum of 5 sets per participant (for a total of 25 blocks). If you want to submit more than 1 set, make each set different from the prior set (changing either the background or foreground fabrics, or both).
- 100% Cotton only. Doesn't have to be purchased from a quilt shop, but must be a good quality. Nothing see-through or loose weave. Use your good judgement. For this swap I will NOT care where you buy your fabric. If you send Quilt Shop Quality you will get Quilt Shop Quality back. If you send fabric from JoAnn's or Walmart, you will get that quality back. I will, however, send back any blocks that don't meet these guidelines.
- Prewash all fabrics. If you are a smoker or have pets, please take appropriate actions for those with allergies.
- Foreground color: your choice how to coordinate with the background color (see below) but make it something a child would like. Novelties are just fine.
- Background color may be one of:
- white, off-white, tone-on-tone white or comparable light color such as cream:
- alternatively, the background can be a white novelty with a very small multi-colored print:
- Mailing / Labeling / Packaging
- Label your blocks with your name (address and email optional); please don't use pins. Basting with 2-3 stitches is the preferred method, but you may also use your return address labels if you place them on the back of the block.
- Place all blocks in one plastic bag or tyvek sleeve, labeling with your name/address. Occasionally our packages open during transit. Should this happen to yours labeling the inner bag assures your blocks get returned to you by the post office.
- Send your blocks with a self-addressed and stamped (NOT metered) package/envelope for returning your blocks to you.
- Suggestion: USPS offers a flat-rate priority envelope for $3.85. With careful packaging, you can get quite a few blocks in these envelopes. Note: you can not exceed 2 pounds when you use these.
- International swappers: please include a FQ for each 2 sets (or part of) you send to cover postage.
- Contact me via email for a mailing address.
- Australian swappers: to save you postage and trouble, we have arranged for a central mailing location within Australia - hopefully this will save a little on your mailing costs. email me for further details.
- Due Dates
- Sign-up deadline is December 15, 2004
- Blocks to be mailed no later than January 15, 2005
- Blocks will be swapped first week in February, 2005
- I've given you lots of time to sign up, sew and mail. However, life does have a way of intruding into the best made plans. If for any reason at all (and you don't need to tell me why), you sign up and then can not complete your commitment, please contact me ASAP. I promise. I will not be upset in any way.
Page Last Modified: 09/03/2011