Growing up, we ate a lot of canned salmon. Believe it or not, it was cheaper than tuna and was considered a poor-man's meal!
- large can red-sockeye salmon, drained, bones left in
- eggs: xlarge (1), large (2), medium (3), small (4)
- saltines, ground to a powder (I use my food processor)
- salt, pepper, garlic, parsley (and other seasoning you care to add)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine and fryed until clear (do not brown)
- vegetable oil
- in a bowl, scramble eggs lightly
- add seasoning and salmon, mix well
- add cracker crumbs until the texture of meat loaf
- form into patties and refrigerate at least 30 minutes
- fry in oil heated to medium temperature until golden brown
We like ours topped with sour cream and served with apple sauce.
Page Last Modified: 01/26/2011